Sanskrit (corrections)

Sun Jul 5 23:28:51 UTC 1998

>Thanks to Tim Cahill for his offlist correction of "ground" to "grown".
He
>also notes that the revolutionaries dumped the tea into the harbor,
rather
>than the ocean. Finally, he says:  "And anyway, they were dressed up as
>Indians so there really *is* a connection". A rather loose connection.
:-)

Well, that's why I chose the sentence in the first place! Columbus
*was* searching for India, before he landed in the Americas. Also, in
case this is forgotten, Cornwallis was defeated in America, the colony
in the New World, but soon after this, he was posted to India, the
colony in the Old World. I've often wondered how different colonial
history would have been, if England had managed to hold on to the
American states.

Vidyasankar