The Cat

Bijoy Misra bmisra at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Thu Jan 29 21:33:25 UTC 1998

one might have to check the jAtaka to compare
cat vs. other pets.

In our village (I spent summers at Puri), there
were only cats used as pets.  In my grandfather's
home, the cat was more of a guard against the
menace of the rats. The cats were luxuriously
fed with milk and cooked food.

Dogs are not allowed into the premises of the
Temple at Puri.  All food must be destroyed
and the Temple cleaned if a dog enters.
No such fuss on cats!

Bijoy Misra