Paramparaa

Chris Hibbard/E. Stern chibbard at POBOX.UPENN.EDU
Thu Jan 29 17:57:37 UTC 1998

>     Would someone be able to inform something about  Ramezvara Jha and
>Zrii Gopaala Zaastrii ( Darzana Kezvarii). Both were active in  Varanasi
>during the 70's, the first coming from Kashmir to teach Kashmirian
>Shivaism and smoTa theory ; the other,  20 years older and  his  disciple,
>taught strictly PaaNinian grammar with no concessions to whatever
>Kaumudi. He considered the krama fundamental for the esoteric side of the
>Ashtadhyayii. I would be glad to know something of their  paramparaa.
>Jesualdo  Correia

Some information about gopAla zAstrI may be found in the second part of
*kAzI kI pANDitya paramparA* by baladeva upAdhyAya (viSvavidyAlaya
prakAzana, vAraNasI, 1983) on pages 155 ka-156 ka.

Elliot M. Stern
552 South 48th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19143-2029
USA