Sankaracarya of the North

Narayan S. Raja raja at GALILEO.IFA.HAWAII.EDU
Thu Jan 29 01:56:48 UTC 1998

>it is also a fact that bribery is rampant in Indian
>courts. Why object to calling a spade a spade?

Maybe you meant the police (not the courts).

People in India dread court cases because they
could go on forever (I read recently that two property
disputes had just "celebrated" their golden jubilee,
yes, 50 years in the courts).

But it certainly isn't the common perception
that "bribery is rampant in Indian courts".
On the contrary, the judiciary is probably
the only institution that continues to have,
generally speaking, a good reputation.

Regards,

Raja.