Languages ( was : Yiddish translation of Gita

winnie fellows winnie.fellows at UNIKEY.COM.BR
Sat Jan 24 03:22:06 UTC 1998

-----Mensagem original-----
De: INDOLOGY at LISTSERV.LIV.AC.UK <INDOLOGY at LISTSERV.LIV.AC.UK>
Para: Winnie Fellows <Winnie Fellows>
Data: Sexta-feira, 23 de Janeiro de 1998 21:27
Assunto: Re: Languages ( was : Yiddish translation of Gita

>winnie fellows wrote:
>
>> >What impresses me the patience with which some people take even patently
un
>> >called for remarks such as about Why have Gita in Yiddish so seriously
and
>> >explain teh whole issue. I  salute you Mr lars
>> >keep it up and those who asked this rather silly question, shoudl be
more
>> >considerate of traffic on inetrnet and avoid crowding it by posting such
>> >remarks
>> >thanks
>> >akg
>>

>> This discussion which followed the remark was certainly above your
>> intellectual level ( or below ) for you didn't have the courage to take
part
>> in it, being only concerned with a fruitless post festum observation.
>
>Is that really a fair conclusion to draw from the above remark?  Really,
what
>does that say about you, that you would conclude anything of the sort?  I'm
>sorry that you were stung by the remark and the implicit criticism, but you
do
>yourself no favors with your above snit.  It needn't be pointed out that of
>course many if not most people who did not participate in the overall
discussion
>are in all capable of doing so, and chose not to for reasons of their own.
It's
>quite an unflattering portrait you have painted of yourself, with this
bitter
>remark and the one which initiated the discussion in the first place.
>
>> As a
>> matter of fact the remark had the benefit of opening a healthy
discussion
>> which proved if nothing that it was neither hostile or unproductive .
>> Jesualdo Correia
>
>  It did, indeed; it's fortunate that the good colleagues of the list
helped you
>dig out of the hole you dug for yourself.  What a pity you chose to jump
back
>in...
>
>In first place Winnie Fellows didn't write the top quote. You should pay
more attention to the thread. In the second place nobody helped me to dig me
out of any hole. The hole you imagine is that of your own manicheistic view
of things which seems to be bound to rigid lines of thinking, missing the
possibility of exploring deeper regions beyond formal stetements. If anyone
of those who made the hostile observations about my astonishment would care
for discussing the topic, as Lars did, the whole issue would be much more
profitable.
Of course it was a fair conclusion to draw for that post festum remark and
it was  addressed exactly to the one made it and  not to those who did not
participate in the debate.In some schools of spirituality certain
provocations are made on purpose just to stir some underlying some major
feature up. If the intention is not related to negative emotion or
ideological hostility- and my original  remark WAS NOT- then the important
is that what follows. But some people stick just at that point and doesn't
want to go ahead.

Jesualdo Correia