Hammir

John Smith jds10 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Jan 22 16:41:32 UTC 1998

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Mary Storm wrote:

> Greetings Indologists,
> I am looking for a group of four Hindi poems written about Hammir, the
> Chauhan hero of Ranthambhor. Has anyone read these poems, or know of
> them? Does anyone know where these poems might be found? I would be
> grateful for any leads.
> Thanks in advance,
> Mary Storm

I don't know of any Hindi poems, but there are said to be numerous
Rajasthani poems on HammIr: the best known is BhAMDau VyAsa's HammIrAyaNa,
which is also pretty early (firmly dated 1481 A.D.). It was edited by
BhaMvarlAl NAhTA and published by the Sadul Rajasthani Research Institute,
Bikaner in V.S. 2017.

John Smith

Dr J. D. Smith                *  jds10 at cam.ac.uk
Faculty of Oriental Studies   *  Tel. 01223 335140 (Switchboard 01223 335106)
Sidgwick Avenue               *  Fax  01223 335110
Cambridge CB3 9DA             *  http://bombay.oriental.cam.ac.uk/index.html