IndoTimes Roman and copyright

Sfauthor Sfauthor at AOL.COM
Thu Jan 22 03:09:54 UTC 1998

>The second question I have is about (freely distributed) fonts (or fonts in
>generall) and copyrights. If I change some characters of a font, like adding
>characters to it, am I free to handle it as it were my own font ? Is it
>possible to distribute this font for an e-journal ?

To the best of my knowledge, fonts are not copyrightable. ("Mere" variations
of the letterforms are deemed insufficiently original to merit protection.)

Commercial fonts, however, typically come with license agreements. These
agreements spell out what you may do with them. For a noncommercial font, try
checking with the creator.

Brian Dana Akers
www.pipeline.com/~sfauthor/
sfauthor at aol.com