Uttara Kuru

Wolfgang Behr W.Behr at EM.UNI-FRANKFURT.D400.DE
Wed Jan 21 11:05:34 UTC 1998

The following websites contain information on the "Xinjiang
mummies" (re)discovered by Professor Victor Mair of UPenn.:

http://sln.fi.edu/inquirer/mummy.html
http://www.silk-road.com
http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~jkimball/conf.info.html

I remember reading that someone recently established a homepage
devoted exclusively to the scholarly sources & the fast growing
lore around the Xinjiang mummies, but I can't seem to find the
exact whereabouts of that site. The best starting point for
serious information on the mummies is a special volume of
the Journal of Indo-European Studies (1996) edited by Mair.
Also watch out for the Proceedings of a conference devoted
to the topic (The Bronze Age and Iron Age People of Eastern
Central Asia) soon to be published by Mair and his colleagues.
Cheers, Wolfgang

ps: No link _whatsoever_ with Uttarakuru

Wolfgang Behr, Research Fellow
International Institute for Asian Studies, Leiden, The Netherlands
e-mail: wbehr at rullet.leidenuniv.nl, w.behr at em.uni-frankfurt.d400.de