linguistic & mathematics

Dominique.Thillaud thillaud at UNICE.FR
Mon Jan 19 16:37:32 UTC 1998

>>(I'm not convinced the fuzzy set theory is a powerful tool in
>>linguistic, I believe that's just a attempt to give some obscurity (hence
>>seriousness) to simple facts.)
>
>Not yet, it is a new field in infancy.

        Sorry, I have mixed up your term with an older theory of blurred
sets (Fr. "ensembles flous").
        There are many attempts to give a theory of brain or computer
management, each one explaining or modelizing the other. That's very
interesting but, in my opinion, perhaps too early.
        Nevertheless, each science needs precursors, hence good luck!
        Regards,
Dominique

PS: to Mr Subrahmanya:
OK, you exist and I apologize for my "proud pseudonym". And I stop here, I
need a nice cup of coffee ;-)

Dominique THILLAUD
Universite' de Nice Sophia-Antipolis, France