linguistic

Sn. Subrahmanya sns at IX.NETCOM.COM
Mon Jan 19 00:58:25 UTC 1998

>>Dear Subrahmanya,
>>would you happen to have any bibliographic references to the
>>papers you are referring to?
Dear Dr. Fosse:

As for Seidenbergs papers they are: The Ritual origin of
Geometry (1962) and The Origin of Mathematics from the Archive
for History of Exact Sciences.
The thoughts about linguistics came to me as I was reading
a book by Mr.H.M.Nayak, Kannada - Literary and Colloquial, a
study of two syles with a foreword by  T.Burrow, publishers:Rao
& Raghavan, first published in 1967.

One of the questions asked was - Can you use mathematics to
solve a real world problem such as "What is the
best college for my son to do his masters?". The answer is
a YES. Many magazines (Newsweek & USNews &World report)come out
with standards for each college based on many factors for eg:
research funding,quality of faculty,Exam scores for admission,
Size of classrooms,Fees etc.

It seems to me that there are so many exceptions to "rules" that
linguistic evidence cannot be depended upon to be the main
foundation on which thousands of years of history can be built.
In my opinion, it most definitely can only be used a supporting
or secondary evidence not the main evidence.

I did not intend to attack any "camp" and I havent used any
pseudonyms :)
As for as the personal attacks go - all I can do is ignore them.
Those who mind dont matter
Those who matter dont mind.

Subrahmanya
Houston, TX