Linguists

Lars Martin Fosse lmfosse at ONLINE.NO
Sun Jan 18 11:56:10 UTC 1998

>When one reads Seidenbergs papers, one cannot but be impressed by the
>mathematical thoroughness with which he derives his conclusions.
>Linguists on the other hand tend to 'pick' and 'choose' options as and
>when it suits their pet theories.

Dear Subrahmanya,

would you happen to have any bibliographic references to the papers you are
referring to?

Anyway, thank you for an interesting attack on "my camp". I think you speak
for a lot of people in the sciences, and I think people in the humanities
are reaping the reward of years of neglected communication with people
outside their field. If such attacts can start a fresh round of
communication, nothing would be better.

Best regards,

Lars Martin Fosse

Dr.art. Lars Martin Fosse