TrueType fonts, TeX etc.

Robert J. Zydenbos zydenbos at BLR.VSNL.NET.IN
Sat Feb 28 18:30:33 UTC 1998

Anshuman Pandey wrote (about TrueType and PK fonts, etc.):

> Here's another suggestion: Move completely over to TeX and your
> problems will be solved! Ask anyone... :-P

I'm quite willing to believe you: TeX looks like a wonderful system. My
one problem is, however, that I have not been able to install any font
successfully except the standard Computer Modern font (I am using emTeX
with OS/2) -- with which I can write practically anything I want in
transliteration, using any diacritics I want, but I have not been able
to fully install either other Latin fonts (the system refuses to produce
accented European characters in these other fonts, although the Metafont
files say that they are there) or, for instance, the ITRANS fonts.

Is there any clever source of information available anywhere on how to
install other TeX fonts? I have gone through all the documentation on
TeX and Metafont that came with emTeX, but I still have not understood
what I am doing wrong.

RZ