-vada / -vadin

L.S.Cousins L.S.Cousins at NESSIE.MCC.AC.UK
Fri Feb 20 10:02:16 UTC 1998

and  Peter Wyzlic <pwyzlic at PWYZ.RHEIN.DE> writes:

>There is already a Japanese work:
>        Shizutani, Masao: Indo bukkyo himei mokuroku.
>        Kyoto : Heirakuji shoten, 1979
>        (Catalogue of Indian Buddhist inscriptions)
>
>It is said to contain a comprehensive (but not exhaustive) list
>of inscriptions. It was unavailable in the German interlibrary
>system, so I haven't seen it directly, though. In the late
>eighties I contacted a bookseller in Tokyo who gave me the
>information that it is out of print.
>
>Perhaps it may serve as a good starting point -- even if one does
>not read Japanese.

Thanks to both of you. I'll take a look at this. I do seem to remember
seeing it reviewed. I'll try and look it up when I am in Oxford next week.
It could be helpful with something I am doing.

Lance Cousins

MANCHESTER, UK

CURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS:
Email: L.S.Cousins at nessie.mcc.ac.uk