Nirad Chaudhuri (Was Re: Greek and Latin in India)

Mohan Vedantha Chari mchari at BCM.TMC.EDU
Sun Feb 15 14:49:58 UTC 1998

Nirad Chaudhuri is still alive having just celebrated his 100th birthday
in England, currently his country of domicile. Nirad Chaudhuri is very
fond of using european expressions etc in his voluminous writings. His
use of such expressions have on the whole been extremely pertinent.There
is however no mention, to my knowledge, of his having learnt greek and lati
Mohan V. Chari