Pande's 'Origins of Buddhism'

Kristen Hardy umhardy at CC.UMANITOBA.CA
Sun Feb 15 04:57:48 UTC 1998

Greetings,

        I am currently reading Govind Chandra Pande's 'Studies in the Origins
of Buddhism' (1957; revised 1974), and am curious as to how well, in general,
this work stands up in light of more recent research in the area of Early
Buddhism/Pali literature. Can anyone on this list with a better knowledge of
this text and subject than I offer some thoughts on Pande's work in this
regard?

                                Thanks in advance,
                                K. Hardy
                                Student of Religion and Sanskrit,