The Aryans (again); 19th century discourse.

Yaroslav V. Vassilkov yavass at YV1041.SPB.EDU
Thu Dec 31 11:19:06 UTC 1998

On the very eve of the New Year restless Ashish Chandra wrote:

>What is wrong with the view that the Europeans want us to believe
>in AIT because it gives credence to the idea that India has always been
>invaded and settled ?

        Dear Ashish, thank you for so clear and honest formulation of the
concept which is really basic for your favourite Out-of-India "theory". But
can not you see yourself that the concept which helds that ALL Europeans are
scoundrels and politically (or otherwise?) biased falsifiers of facts, is
racist? And it can not be a base for any scientific theory, but only for
the racist, nationalistic propaganda.
        What makes your words particularly insulting and unjust is that you
mean by the wicked "Europeans" first of all Indologists - i.e. the people
who devoted their lives to the study of India, the country they love. And
love quite disinterestedly, though I doubt you can believe it.

>Where is the damn proof for AIT ?

        If we change (which is absolutely necessary) the AIT for AMT (Aryan
Migration theory) - the exhaustively full answer has been given in the last
posting by R.Zydenbos. Such thing as AIT does not exist now (for several
decades at least). Fighting with "AIT", you fight with Don Quixote's
windmills.
           Best wishes for 1999 to all,
                                                      Yaroslav Vassilkov