Early Giithaa sculptures

N. Ganesan naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 29 14:29:12 UTC 1998

<<<
So what we often have to deal with in discussions on the Internet is not
only a Hindu problem. Even though scholars had already accepted
historical thinking, fundamentalist Christians in the US a hundred years
ago used arguments very similar to those which their Hindu counterparts
brandish today.

Even if it is true that traditional India has an unhistorical /
antihistorical tendency (cf. also Hajime Nakamura, _Ways of Thinking of
Eastern Peoples_), the attitude that says we should pick up an old text,
ardently believe in it and construct the whole of history on that text
is not exclusively Hindu. But percentagewise, it seems more a Hindu
problem today than, e.g., a Muslim or Christian one.

   I quite agree with you, Dr. Zydenbos.

   Sincerely
   N. Ganesan