Kamban's Aryan

Kulkarni Sunil Suresh (ME) eceanshr at PROTOCOL.ECE.IISC.ERNET.IN
Thu Dec 24 06:42:17 UTC 1998

I am not a scolar of this subject but then I think we can have very good
reference to
             The Marathi Version of the Gita, the 'Gyaneshwari ' ( exact
translation in english means Goddes of Knowlege ) wrriten by 'Saint
Gyaneshwar' at the edge of 18 around, 12 or 13 th centuary . This is taken
as the most importent work in Marathi language and is considered to be a
root cause of the evolved 'BhatiSaMparadaya' in Maharashtra.  It seems
that before this centuary also, atleat in Maharashtra, 'Gita' in form of
'Gyaneshwari' was given high importence.

Sunil Suresh Kulkarni
ME(Telecommunications)
Dept. of Electrical Communication Engg.
Indian Institute of Science.