The Aryans (again); 19th century discourse.

Ashish Chandra achandra at WNMAIL.WNDEV.ATT.COM
Mon Dec 21 18:25:16 UTC 1998

Paul Kekai Manansala wrote :
<<<
I believe the idea of a homeland in Tibet or Tian Shan arises from the
geographical location of Mt. Meru suggested in Indian astronomical and
Puranic texts. According to the astronomers, Meru lied on the same meridian
as Lanka, but far to the north.

Correct me if I am wrong but the Vedic peoples' movement eastwards towards
the Ganga river is prior to the writing of the Purans. That would indicate
that the Vedic people moved from the Sarasvati region eastwards and came to
be known as Pauraniks. Would that still agree with the idea of a Tibetan
homeland ?

Ashish