Chin-sheng (688-740 AD), T'ang dynasty

Georg von Simson g.v.simson at EAST.UIO.NO
Fri Dec 4 16:28:07 UTC 1998

N. Ganesan asks:
>Shu Hikosaka says:
>
>"Chin-sheng (ChishO, 688-740 AD) of T'ang dynasty
>has also mentioned about Malaya country is near
>the Potalaka mountain which is the place of
>Avalokitezvara."
>
>Who is Chin-sheng? Any books, papers on him
>in Chinese, Japanese or Western languages?
>
>Thanks,
>N. Ganesan

My colleague C. Harbsmeier (sinologist), who happened to be in my room when
your message came, suggests that you consult the publications of Wang
Gang-wu (former president of Hong Kong University) to find relevant
information about the author in question.

Best wishes
        G.v.Simson