Epic DAIVAM

Alf Hiltebeitel beitel at GWIS2.CIRC.GWU.EDU
Thu Dec 3 16:57:25 UTC 1998

The discussion on daiva should not omit to mention the provocative
and insightful treatment by Madeleine Biardeau in her "Nala et Damayanti:
Heros epiques," Parts 1 and 2, Indo-Iranian Journal vol. 27 (1984), 247-74
and vol. 28 (1985), 1-34. As I recall, the chief discussion would be in
Part 2.

Alf Hiltebeitel
Director, Human Sciences Program
Columbian School Professor of Religion and Human Sciences
The George Washington University
Phillips Hall 412
202/ 994-4297
Fax: 202/ 994-7034