SV: Is the Aryan Invasion a Myth?

Paul Kekai Manansala kekai at JPS.NET
Tue Dec 1 00:33:43 UTC 1998

Lars Martin Fosse wrote:

> The points made above were not maed in the context of the Aryan invasion theory. They are relevant to Indo-European culture as a whole, and the point is to show that some cultural items can be shown to be inherited.

Well I'm sure that many cultural items can be inherited, but I still
don't understand how such items can not migrate independently of
demographic movement. No matter how precise the link between any
cultural item, this in no way indicates that item was not borrowed.

There is some research on cultural memes, which appear to be passed on
through socialization processes.  There are even a few who link
genetic features like instinct, to the inheritance of culture.

But given all of this how would you explain the differences between
contemporary Scythians and Persians (assuming the former were Iranian)?

Regards,
Paul Kekai Manansala