None

DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA narayana at HD1.VSNL.NET.IN
Wed Apr 22 16:41:56 UTC 1998

At 10:36 AM 4/22/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Jean Fezas said about the  human sacrifice reported from Jambewa:
>
>"If this murder it is the first (and only) incident of this kind, it has
nothing to
>do with a ritual.
>If there is no ritual it is not  a "brutal human sacrifice" it is an
instance of
>mental illness..."
>
>Not quite.  It's the first reported from this locality, not the first in
India.  After
>all, one can buy the Kalikapurana in the bazar and find a ritual for human
>sacrifice in it.
>
>Allen Thrasher
>
>Allen W. Thrasher, Ph.D.
>Senior Reference Librarian
>Southern Asia Section
>Asian Division
>Library of Congress
>101 Independence Ave., S.E.
>Washington, DC 20540-4714
>tel. (202) 707-3732
>fax (202) 707-1724
>email: athr at loc.gov
>
>The opinions expressed do not represent those of my employer.

I want to remind that human sacrifice (however detestable it may be) is not
confined only to Hinduism but practically all religions except perhaps
Buddhism and Jainism. After all Abraham was asked by God to sacrifice his
son but was permitted to sacrifice a ram instead of him.

regards,

sarma.
religion