The Shiva Hypothesis (fwd)

Anshuman Pandey apandey at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Wed Apr 15 08:52:17 UTC 1998

Sometime ago Dominik posted a message about the Shiva Hypothesis. I don't
know whether this question has been asked:  Does anyone know how these
astronomical periods line up with the duration of the Vedic concepts of
kalpa and praalaya? Which puraaNas, etc. would be best referenced for
leads to an answer?

Regards,
Anshuman Pandey

P.S. I've copied the message below.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 10:48:25 +0000
From: Dominik Wujastyk <ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK>
Subject: The Shiva Hypothesis (fwd)

INDOLOGY members of long standing will remember an unexpected posting to
the group in January 1995 which was sent from McMurdo Station in
Antarctica -- surely the most remote imaginable location for indological
reflection.

The author of that posting, Rolf Sinclair, now writes to us from the more
temperate location outside Washington D.C.

-- Dominik Wujastyk