More news about India

Lars Martin Fosse lmfosse at ONLINE.NO
Mon Apr 13 16:57:46 UTC 1998

At 00:46 11.04.98 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Members,
>Does anyone have any idea about if this is some regular practice or a
>single incident?
>
>I Omar
>Temple

I read some years ago in The Economist (I think) that about a 100 people
were "sacrificed" in India every year. Considering that India has a
population of about 900 million people, I think the right reference here is
not "history of religion" but psychopathology. Compare weird religious acts
in Christian extremist sects, as well as other non-Christian extreme sects
in the West.

Best regards,

Lars Martin Fosse

Dr.art. Lars Martin Fosse