Chariots

Vidhyanath Rao vidynath at MATH.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Thu Apr 2 14:54:45 UTC 1998

Lars Martin Fosse <lmfosse at ONLINE.NO> wrote:

> In addition to Vidyanath Rao's bibliographic info on chariots, here is
> another piece on the chariot:
>
> Jacqueline Manessy-Guitton: Recherches sur la terminologie du "char" en
> védique, en mycénien et chez Homère. Etudes Indo-Europeennes, numero 20.
> (1987?).

Thanks for the ref. This must be be classified as a journal, for
I could not find it in worldcat.

There is also Sparreboom's ``Chariots in the Veda'' and some
material in Rau's ``altertumskunde'' (I don't have the precise
details handy). I avoided mentioning them because they start
from assumptions about construction of chariots then proceed to
interpret the textual data. I have reservations about some of these
assumtions. I had intended to write to Sparreboom and Littauer
about some of these, but never did. I want to do that before I
talk about them.

Regards
-Nath