Indic transliteration draft

Anthony P Stone stone_catend at COMPUSERVE.COM
Thu Apr 2 06:51:26 UTC 1998

On March 31, 1998, George Baumann wrote:

> 5) Is the representation of Kannada palatal -n- correct?  Isn't the  half
circle on
>the right side necessary?
>
> 7) the graph for Kannada retroflex -t- seems to have a circle at the
right top,
>which isn't necessary.
>
>8) the dental -t- in Oriya could be written a bit better,
>perhaps. It  shouldn't be fully closed at the top.
>
>10) The graph for Kannada -m- is not quite correct at the base, I  think.
The same
> is true of the -v- in Kannada.

These have now been uploaded in corrected forms.
Thanks,   Tony

Dr Anthony P. Stone, Project Leader, ISO/TC46/SC2/WG12 Transliteration of
Indic scripts.
Email: stone_catend at compuserve.com             Thinking aloud on
transliteration:
   http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stone_catend/translit.htm