Tobacco (rolled in cryptography)

Anshuman Pandey apandey at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 9 01:13:19 UTC 1997

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Luis Gonzalez-Reimann wrote:

> Well, now that you bring up the subject, I'll have to reveal a well-kept
> secret:  the Egyptian, Greek and all other great civilizations are derived
> from the Mayas of Central America.

Sounds like something James Churchward wrote in his "Lost Continent of
Mu." Not these Naacal tablets again! Please! Just goes to show that India
was indeed the birthplace of civilisation :->

On a more serious note. I originally read these books by Churchward
sometime in the 5th grade. I never actually learned what these Naacal
tablets were that Churchward claimed held the secrets of Mu, Lemuria, etc.
He wrote that some Indian mystic had these tablets stashed away and
decided to show them to Churchward after some insistance. I always doubted
the authenticity of these rumoured tablets. Have there been any
Indologists who have actually looked into Churchward's story?

...just want to satisfy a childhood curiosity, not subscribe to fringe
fantasy!

Regards,
Anshuman Pandey