computer noise

Andree Woodcock A.Woodcock at derby.ac.uk
Mon Sep 8 10:22:03 UTC 1997

Hi,
> I am an interested if anyone knows of any research relating to stress
andcomputer noise.

> I sit around all day and some evenings working at a computer.
> By the end of the day I am  fractious and sensitive to computer noise
>  I would like to explore this phenomenon, in more detail, with a view
> writing it up.
> Firstly, I need to know if I am the only one this happens to,
> and secondly does anyone know of any literature/ other people who are
> interested in this area.

I have come across a very old email 1994 in my trawl through the
internet which originated from your group - do you know of any other
literature? have you carried on the work?

> As a starting point I have classified computer noise as originating
from
> three sources.
> 1      ' Mechnical ' most notable keyboard and mouse clicks.
> 2       Software itself (eg windows opening, 'customisation' of sounds

by

Andree Woodcock  email:  A.Woodcock at derby.ac.uk
Research Fellow  Tel:  01332 622222 x4049
Design Research Centre, University of Derby,
Britannia Mill, Mackworth Road, Derby, UK, DE22 3BL
http://lboro.ac.uk/departments/co/research_groups/sadis.html
http://loughborough.ac.uk/departments/hu/groups/vsrg/andree/andreeframe.html

http://dougal.derby.ac.uk/fnet/