Dravidian Cryptography

DKumar6248 at aol.com DKumar6248 at aol.com
Thu Sep 4 21:09:58 UTC 1997

At 12:08:44 BST on 4 Sep, 1997 Jan E.M. Houben wrote:

>At 15:17:17 EDT
>On Wed, 27 Aug 1997 21:11:05 -0400 (EDT), DKumar6248 at aol.com
>started a discussion on "Dravidian Cryptography" which has yielded
stimulating
>results with regard to well-known names from Indian antiquity.

>In the words of D.Kumar:
>>> Indology is going to be much more interesting. In
fact, I believe, it is never going to be the same again. One of the reasons
for this is that numerous words, terms, names, etc., which occur in the
ancient Indian texts, including the Vedas, are the result of the operation of
this phenomenon [viz. of Dravidian Cryptography]. To put it concisely, they
have been encoded by the
employment of this linguistic technique of inversion and substitution.
<<end quote>>

>My impression is that the results of these techniques of inversion and
>substitution  are of far greater heuristic value than those issuing from the

>laborous methods of etymological "Wortstudien". Moreover, since modern
>philosophy of science tells us that the researching subject should be taken
>into account in a full evaluation of any scientific method, it is important
>note that these techniques can be expected to be of considerable therapeutic

>value for the researcher.

>Some lingering doubts remain, however, with regard to the stock of basic
terms,
>the Dravidian lexemes, which according to some, as we all know, are all
direct
>or indirect vikrutis of Vedic Sanskrut. Although the latter view is
difficult
>to prove or disprove, it would seem reasonable to take guidance from the
Sanskrut language itself and its infinite semantic potential (Shakti) if we
>deal with texts from the great Vedic tradition from Samhitaas to
Mahaabhaarata
>and Puraanas. What is more, those who want to proceed in this direction,
need
>not start with a difficult period of trial and error, since some great
scholars
>have already shown the way: I think especially of N.V. Thadani's inspired
>translation of the Miimaansaa suutras with highly enlightening introduction
>(Mimansa: The Secret texts of the Sacred Books of the Hindus, Delhi, Bharati

>Research Institute, 1952).

>Some excerpts from Thadani's work:
>We can divide Krshna into K, r, sh, na, when its meaning would be: "(na)
>intellect associated with (sh) mind, (r) the senses of action, and (k)
Nature
>or Prakrti." Krshna accordingly refers to intelligence in its most perfect
>conception as associated with the mind, action (or the senses of action) and

>the objects of nature. (p. cclxxiv, note).
>Vasishtha literally means Vasu-ishta (Va, su, ishtha) -- "(ishtha) the
highest
>or the best (su) born of (va) Nature or Prakrti;" and so refers to the
>intellect, as the first or highest "born" of Nature.
>Viswamitra would mean "(mitra) intellect (viswa) in its universal,
>comprehensive form;" and this . . . is closely allied to the mind.
>Bhrgu -- Bh, r, g, u means "(u, g) the senses of knowledge and (r) the sense
of
>action, associated with (bh) Nature."

>Since my initiation into Thadani's system is incomplete I have to refer all
>further queries to this book, at the same time hoping that the excerpts give
an
>idea of the creative stimulus provided it, and that they suggest additional
>avenues of research for the methods propounded by D.Kumar.

>Jan Houben

This communication is the first of its nature I have seen since Aug.27,1997,
even though I expected its kind as soon as I posted my announcement. In that
respect it has the honor of being the first one. Since the subject has been
already characterized as Crypto-graphy, crypto-phantasy, crypto-creativity
(in the subject column), I am afraid there is nothing in common to discuss
about. Best regards.

V. Keerthi Kumar
<<  http://www.mninter.net/~kumar/  >>
<  dkumar6248 at aol.com  >