Celebrations of Milleniums

Mary McGee mm383 at columbia.edu
Thu Sep 4 14:04:38 UTC 1997

In some recent consultancy work I have been doing on Indian calendars and
eras, I was asked a question which I do not have the answer to and thus
share with you to see if anyone out there has some answer to: does anyone
know if the milleniums in any one of the many different Indian eras, have
been marked (historically) with celebrations, fanfare, etc, or any of
the kind of attention that the upcoming common era millenium is being
marked.  Thanks (please give references if possible)

Mary McGee, Columbia University