Atharva Veda info request

Frederick M. Smith fsmith at BLUE.WEEG.UIOWA.EDU
Fri Oct 31 18:17:10 UTC 1997

Gitananda,

That's pretty amazing! I've been to Gokarna several times, and I never
heard of this guy. How long has he been there? Is he young and went there
fairly recently to teach in a pathasala? What do you know about his
students? Are they also born into AV families? I know, for example, of a
very good pathasala in Maharashtra that is now training students in
'saakhaas that they do not "belong to" by birth, just for the sake of
maintaining complete Vedic traditions. I would really like to know who
these Atharvavedis are. Thanks for any info you can share. Are you still in
Berkeley? If so, maybe we can get together at the AAR.

Best regards,
Om Namah sivaya, Jai Sri Krsna, etc.
Fred

fsmith at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu