Correction to Tamil Aytam and orthography (was Re: Tamil aaytam)

Sudalaimuthu Palaniappan Palaniappa at AOL.COM
Fri Oct 24 00:58:05 UTC 1997

In a message dated 97-10-23 20:48:03 EDT, I wrote:

<< There is a basic problem with this analysis. The case for "reverse
spelling"
 rests on the assumption that the underlying form for "kahRitu" and "muTTItu"
 are "kaRRItu" and "muTTItu" respectively. >>

What I should have said here is, "There is a basic problem with this
analysis. The case for "reverse spelling" rests on the assumption that the
underlying forms for "kahRitu" and "muhTItu" are "kaRRItu" and "muTTItu"
respectively."

Sorry for the errors.

Regards

S. Palaniappan