measures

Dr. Jai Maharaj jai at FLEX.COM
Fri Oct 10 18:15:36 UTC 1997

> From: jayabarathi <jaybee at TM.NET.MY>
> Date: Friday, October 10, 1997 5:39 AM
> [...]
> The rajju . . . I have also noticed the term used in Astrology.
> Have to check up in what context.

Namaste!  Yes, Rajju is one of numerous techniques
in Jyotish used to determine compatibility between
candidates for marriage or a relationship.  In it,
Nakshatr in the 27-Nakshatr system are divided into
five groups, or Rajju divisions.  The placement of the
Moon in the partners' natal charts in them is compared
according to various rules.  The likelihood of
certain events and trends is predicted.

> . . .1 paksha is the period from the 1st day of the waxing
> moon to the Full Moon or from the 1st day of the waning
> moon to the New Moon. Itis a period of 15 days.
> 2 pakshas make 1 Lunar month. . . .

Another way of describing the Paksh is that it is the period of
time taken by the Moon to traverse 15 12-degree portions, each
of which is called a Tithi.

Jai Maharaj
http://www.flex.com/~jai
Om Shanti

Current: Navami Tithi, Shukl Paksh, Uttarashadh Nakshatr, Siddh Yog