rescuing things

Robert J. Zydenbos zydenbos at BLR.VSNL.NET.IN
Sun Nov 30 20:43:38 UTC 1997

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997, Bijoy Misra wrote:

> Dear Robert,
> Since you are so wrapped up in your thinking,
> I won't argue further.

(So I understand that you are not taking up my challenge of
explaining that arrogantly stupid comment you made.) Good, I will
accept this as a twisted kind of apology and expression of regret,
and we'll drop the matter there. As a countergesture of good will
and reconciliation, I propose that I will not make any comments
about 'political and unscholarly propositions' and 'piracy' in, let
us say, astronomy :-), and certainly not on an Astronomy List which
is intended to be academic.

By the way, for the scientists on the list: long ago, Dominik
Wujastyk has written some general remarks about the participation
of people from the natural sciences in INDOLOGY. This is
recommended reading.

Dr. Robert J. Zydenbos, D.Litt. in Indology,
erstwhile visiting professor of Sanskrit and Indology,
Universities of Heidelberg, Madras, Toronto,
etc. etc.

(Sorry, I don't really like to do this, and it should not be
necessary, but I thought I saw some banners around here like
> - Bijoy Misra.
>   Harvard University.
so I thought I shouldn't stay behind, and maybe show some
credentials. :-) )