rescuing things

Bijoy Misra bmisra at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Sat Nov 29 21:36:51 UTC 1997

Dear Robert,
Since you are so wrapped up in your thinking,
I won't argue further.  All I would suggest that
in case you found stuff deteriorating, try to
create a library on location and work with it.
Teach people how to handle documents.  To
feel that we can be better custodians than
the current custodians begs sincerity.
Since I believe you are in India now, think
how best you can help the local librarians
to preserve materials.  If you think no one
listens, you are talking to wrong people.
Think of research, not of "rescue".
Yes, I will refrain from further comments.

Bijoy Misra