etymol. final r, s / optionality of ext. sandhi?

Chandan Raghava Narayan cnarayan at UCLINK2.BERKELEY.EDU
Tue Nov 25 19:26:03 UTC 1997

Might it be that Renou is not  taking the "-s" following the non-"a"
vowel in absolute final position? For original final "s" becomes visarga
in absolute final position. (devavanipraveshika 3.29)

Chandan R. Narayan
510.642.4551 (work)
510.770.1734 (home)