"vRtra" and "vEntan2"

Dominique.Thillaud thillaud at UNICE.FR
Mon Nov 17 09:25:27 UTC 1997

At 16:57 +0100 16/11/97, Sudalaimuthu Palaniappan wrote:

>Does IE have the concept of king as a coverer?

        Not exactly. The Eurindian concept of king is not clear and, I
believe, still unsolved (if even a solution exists ;-)
        Despite the Indian equations rAjanya = kSatriya and indra =
devarAj, I believe the primitive 'king' was perhaps more a priest than a
warrior (or both). If I'm right, the role of the king in the fundation of a
town could be considered as delimiting and covering the space of the earth
(Roma ?) or, in hierogamy, as 'covering' the queen (Athens ?) ....
        Please, don't answer me I am wrong, that's just personal and
unprooved intuitions based on other researches.
        "roulez doucement, travaux en cours"
        Namaste,
Dominique

Dominique THILLAUD
Universite' de Nice Sophia-Antipolis, France