Science and beliefs (was: the gods)

Dominique.Thillaud thillaud at unice.fr
Thu May 29 23:11:26 UTC 1997

At 19:16 +0200 29/05/97, Erik Hoogcarspel wrote:

>this is called scientism. Husserl and Heidegger have proved it wrong. it's an
>opinion i would expect to hear on the street, not in an intellectual
>discussion

	My use of English is very bad, but if you think me as an adept of
scientism, you're wrong: I was saying the science is like a religion, I pay
food, home and others by teaching science, but I don't like it and I'm not
an adept,
	or perhaps have you just the intention to insult me.

>do you have to be a dog in order to know what it's like to
>be a dog? do you need to be a god in order to know what it is to be a god? are
>you the hero of your own biography?

	Sure I do! Don't try to ridicule a mirror.

I hope that's a misunderstanding, but if not, that's without any importance.

Dominique

Dominique THILLAUD
Universite' de Nice Sophia-Antipolis, France