Science & religion &c

B. Reusch reusch at uclink4.berkeley.edu
Tue May 27 16:36:32 UTC 1997

At 11:12 +0100 5/27/97, Mr B.Philip.Jonsson wrote:
>At 09:09 27.5.1997 +0100, Edwin F Bryant wrote:
>
>>My question to Louis remains: why was it
>>considered appropriate, to drag in and broadcast Howard's
>>personal religious orientations when this was irrelevant to the simple
>>point he was making (which was not to advocate scholarly neutrality)?
>>Edwin Bryant
>
>Does this mean that you consider it of no consequence what "personal
>religious orientations" a scholar holds? Far from finding it desirable to
>conceal my own religious orientation I think it is important that it is
>known, ...

Perhaps a related question would be the following:
Would Louis have reacted in exactly the same way if Howard Resnick was (for
the sake of the argument) a Catholic bishop in Mexico City or an important
Rabbi in New York City?
(No offenses intended. No argumentum-ad-hominem intended. Just wishing to
be enlightened by the list Re the bottom line.)
Regards,
Beatrice