Classifying the universe

Luis Gonzalez-Reimann reimann at uclink.berkeley.edu
Sat May 24 01:10:39 UTC 1997

At 11:17 PM 5/23/97 BST, Lars Martin Fosse wrote:
>Dear netters!
>
>I am looking for reviews of Brian K. Smith's book "Classifying the
>Universe", but I have been unable to locate any so far. Any suggestions?

Here goes,

Luis

Search request: F TW CLASSIFYING THE UNIVERSE
Search result:  6 citations in the CC article database

1. Kak, S.
     Classifying the universe: The ancient Indian varna system and the origins
   of caste, by B.K. Smith.
     CONTRIBUTIONS TO INDIAN SOCIOLOGY, 1996 JUL-DEC, V30 N2:333-334.
     Pub type:  Book Review.

2. Hatcher, BA.
     Classifying the universe: The ancient Indian Varna system and the origins
   of caste, by B.K. Smith.
     JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF RELIGION, 1996 WINTER, V64 N4:863-866.
     Pub type:  Book Review.

3. Smith, FM.
     Classifying the universe: The ancient Indian Varna system and the origins
   of caste, by B.K. Smith.
     JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN ORIENTAL SOCIETY, 1996 APR-JUN, V116 N2:344-346.
     Pub type:  Book Review.

4. ZYSK KG.
     CLASSIFYING THE UNIVERSE - THE ANCIENT INDIAN VARNA SYSTEM AND THE ORIGINS
   OF CASTE - SMITH,BK.
     JOURNAL OF ASIAN STUDIES, 1996 AUG, V55 N3:770-771.
     Pub type:  Book Review.

5. HERTEL BR.
     CLASSIFYING THE UNIVERSE - THE ANCIENT INDIAN VARNA SYSTEM AND THE ORIGINS
   OF CASTE - SMITH,BK.
     JOURNAL FOR THE SCIENTIFIC STUDY OF RELIGION, 1995 JUN, V34 N2:283-284.
     Pub type:  Book Review.

6. SMITH BK.
     CLASSIFYING THE UNIVERSE - ANCIENT INDIAN COSMOGONIES AND THE VARNA
   SYSTEM.
     CONTRIBUTIONS TO INDIAN SOCIOLOGY, 1989 JUL-DEC, V23 N2:241-260.