None

DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA narayana at hd1.vsnl.net.in
Wed May 14 11:42:10 UTC 1997

On 13 May Lynn Foulston has written

>Dear List Menbers,
>Could anyone help me?
>I am looking for an Oriya font that would be suitable for use in Word
>documents.  If anyone has any information I would be most grateful.
>
>Thanks
>Lynn Foulston

C-DAC of Poona has produced wordprocessor called LEAP with fonts
for all indian languages. CDROM distributed with PCQUEST October 96
issue  carried a trial version called LEAP LITE in which there is a
single font for each language and the facility tosave only a single
page. The keyboard layout is the same for the same letters in all
languages. Additional letters charecteristic of individual languages
are present. You can type a phonetic version in english and get the
transliterated output in the scritp of that language.I am using it and
I think that this will be useful to people who are working in Indology.

Address of C-DAC

C-DAC, Gist Group,
(Centre for Developement of Advanced Computing)
Pune University Campus, Ganesh Khind
PUNE - 411 007
INDIA
Email: leap at cdac.ernet.in

You can also try to get the CDROM containing the trail version
LEAP Lite from PCQUEST Magazine people. Address

Customer Support Executive
PCQUEST
D-74,Panchseel Enclave
NEW DELHI - 110 017