Dicing and fare

Luis Gonzalez-Reimann reimann at uclink.berkeley.edu
Sat May 10 19:42:58 UTC 1997

Dear Lars,

Although it may not qualify as mythology, Yudhisthira's dice game in the
Mahabharata might fit into your category.  It determined, at least to some
extent, the fate of the Pandavas.  Dice, gods and fate are intertwined in
Vedic and later texts.

As for the fare, as far as I know bus fares are never determined by dice.
It's either a fixed fare or you might get a free ride, depending on the
driver.  (Not this again!)