question regarding Vimaana "flying machines"

Das Devaraj das at netcom.com
Thu May 1 18:21:36 UTC 1997

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Madhav Deshpande wrote:

> You may also look up the following:
> 	Vaimaanika-prakara.nam, part of Yantrasarvasva ascribed to sage
> Bharadvaaja, (English title: Maharshi Bharadwaaja's Vymaanika-shaastra or
> Science of Aeronautics, as revealed to venerable Pandit Subbaraya Sastry,
> translated into English by G.R. Josyer) printed at the Coronation Press,
> Mysore).  No date of publication on my copy, but it appears to have been
> published shortly after 1973, the date of the Foreword.

I came across a paper (1990) compiled by CSHN Murthy from Hyderabad,
called "Vedic Aircrafts -- A challenge to NASA scientists".
The paper states that the Hindi version of Vimanika-prakaranam was
first published in 1959.

Personally have not seen that version or the English version (by
G.R. Josyer), but the paper claims that many alloys, ceramics and
other "high-tech" stuff are described in Vimanika-prakaranam.  A
list of 20 alloys was described in that paper.  Further the paper
claims that a certain Dr. Robert Anderson of St.Jose (San Jose?)
State University, USA examined an alloy (Tamogarbha).  Anybody
know whether there is any truth to this?

das
Interested in Vegetarianism?             Vegetarian Restaurant Trek
Web    http://www.VegInfo.com                712 Bancroft Road #320
e-mail info at VegInfo.com (subject Help)       Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Interactive Voice/fax Response  (510) 256-8420                  USA