european musical instruments in India

Max Langley mlangley at brinet.com
Sat Mar 29 21:10:25 UTC 1997

Dear Mr. Pichumani,

Everyone is entitled to his opinion. I confess that I generally find
Carnatic music less interesting technically and musically than Hindustani,
but my standpoint is that of a lifelong string player at a very competent
level, and I am very fond of Indian music--a former student of Ali Akbar
Khan. It is still considered good manners, I believe, to append honorifics
to a well-respected and beloved person's name....or am I out of the loop?

Max Langley