Question on Patanjali (Kashmir and P's MB)

aklujkar at unixg.ubc.ca aklujkar at unixg.ubc.ca
Sat Mar 29 06:30:29 UTC 1997

As I was away for a conference, I could read S. Palaniappanæs highly
informative message of 24 March only today.  I very much appreciate the
trouble he took. It is such exchange of information across the divides
which the early Indologists' taxonomies and the linguistic reorganization
of India have created and accentuated that I consider one of the most
important contributions the INDOLOGY list is making. The overarching
capabilities that great scholars like S. Kuppuswami Sastri, V. Raghavan and
K.A. Nilakanta Sastri had can now be realised in Indology, it seems, only
through sharing of information that occurs on INDOLOGY.