Tamil spoof request - Jana Gana Mana ...

GANESANS at cl.uh.edu GANESANS at cl.uh.edu
Wed Mar 26 14:18:59 UTC 1997

3/27/97

Hi Friends,

I have a tamil poem by Kirubananda Variyar in the identical tune of
"Jana Gana Mana Adhinaayaka ...", India's national anthem.
Variyar praises Murugan of six paDai veeDu temples in that song.
Of course. who else will he sing?

In the high school days, I have heard a spoof on our national anthem.
It has words like " ... iDli, vaDai, saambaar ..." in the tune of
"Jana gana mana ...". A gentle mocking imitation.

If anyone remembers, please mail it to me.

Thanks,
N. Ganesan
nas_ng at lms420.jsc.nasa.gov

This morning, I translated a classic haiku.

A child is crying,
asking, "Get it down for me!"
- the full moon hanging.
                          Issa, (1763-1823), Edo period poet of Japan

azhutha kuzhanthai vizhainthathu - "vaanil
ezhuthingaL thaa, thanakku" enRu.

                     kuRal by N. Ganesan

nilaac cORu uuTTal, ambuliyai viLaiyaaDa azhaiththal -
nam marabukaL allavO?!