ANNOUNCE: article on vedic accents

Charles Wikner WIKNER at nacdh4.nac.ac.za
Tue Mar 18 11:56:12 UTC 1997

ANNOUNCE: Article on Vedic Accents.

In designing the SKT-series of Devanagari fonts, I found it
very difficult to get hold of basic information regarding
Vedic accentuation (both the symbols and their significance).
The information that I have managed to gather is presented
in a short article which discusses the accent changes that
arise in continuous speech (sa.mhitaa), their pronunciation,
and the various systems of notation.  It is available at:

   ftp://ftp.nac.ac.za/wikner/accents.ps600-march97

It is a 100-kbyte Postscript file that runs to six pages.

Comments, corrections, additions, etc. are most welcome.

Regards,
Charles Wikner.
wikner at nacdh4.nac.ac.za
18-March-1997