newspaper on microfilm

Sonja Stark-Wild Sonja.Stark-Wild at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Mar 13 07:55:45 UTC 1997

Dear colleagues,
for reasons of space and also for reasons of conservation the library of
the South Asia Institute of the University of Heidelberg is looking for
an alternative regarding its stock of daily/weekly newspapers.
To copy already existing microfilms/microfiches should be less
expensive than to have them made from the original issues. Does,
therefore, anybody know whether (and where) there are microfilms of the
following newspapers? We are especially interested in the last two to
three decades.

Bangkok Post
Bangladesh Times
Dawn
Frontier
Hindu Weekly
Holiday
Independent
Indonesia Times
Lanka Guardian
Malaysian Digest
New Age
New Wave
Organiser
People's Democracy
Radiance
Rising Nepal
Statesman Weekly
Straits Times
Sunday Observer
Times of India
Daily Star

I would be most grateful for any help or/and suggestions.

Secondly are there any projects among the major newspapers of South Asia,
e.g. The times of India, to make their archives available on CD-rom?
Many thanks in advance.

Sonja Stark-Wild
South Asia Institute
University of Heidelberg