Urdu TTF

Anshuman Pandey apandey at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 7 21:26:59 UTC 1997

On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, Tobias Grote-Beverborg wrote:

> I'm looking for Urdu True Type Fonts for Windows 3.11.
> Could anyone recommend me a site (URL) for a free download?

Although I do not know of a standalone TrueType font for Urdu, you might
want to have a look at Sadaf for Windows, a word-processor which uses two
Nasta`liq TTF fonts to produce the Urdu output. This program is a real gem
as it produces the Nasta`liq output as you type it in, ligatures and all.
The URL for the Sadaf page is:

			http://www.pak.net/link1.htm

A free copy of Sadaf for Windows may be obtained from the above site.

*I am in no way associated with Sadaf for Windows, except for the fact
that I think it's a real beaut! :-) *

Regards,
Anshuman Pandey
University of Washington